Re: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

At 12:01 1/09/00 -0400, Sandy Harris wrote:
>Alf Hansen wrote:
>
>> I would say that even if the systems using this alternate root are using
>> internet technology, they are not part of The Internet. They do not follow
>> the rules they have to follow to be part of the global Internet family,
>> which is based on cooperation.
>
>What about some of the "intellectual property" interests? There's actually
>someone on the names counsel from MPAA, an organisation that sues webmasters
>over their links and molests teenagers about code they have posted.
>
>These people are far more foreign to the net than anyone playing about
>with alternate roots.
>--
Here I agree with Sandy.
These people are a threat to Internet stability the way they talk about
"taking down Domains".   Their mentality of that of litigation lawyers:
make a claim as absurd  as you can get away with, if it is resisted, tough
luck, if the respondent has no funds to fight, you win.
Of these people you can truly say that they are not "part of the global
Internet family, which is based on cooperation."

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org