[ga] AMAZON

Jamie, Louise, and other UDRP afficionados...

This is an interesting tip: I just read in GreatDomains letter
that AMAZON has resgitered more than1000 DNs with
AMAZON in it this year and they keep going. It shows
these guies have the proper way of doing it: they register first.

Using this serious, professionnal example it could be
construed that if a TM owner does not protect his TM as
a domain name in registering it or initiating an UDRP the
same month as he registers his TM it means he does not
really care about internet.

The same rasoning should apply to old standing TMs; if
they did not tried to register or to protect it after several
years, it means they do not care.

A new TM could obviously not challenge a existing DNs
since it is easy to everyone everywhere to check if a DN
exists. We could propose a Whois program where searches
could be made with entries as *barcelona* to find every
occurence of the word (there is a service like that for
.com .net .org .ws, but I cannot find it back).

This would create a defacto worldwide TM internet class.
Jefsey