Re: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Louise Ferguson wrote:

[...]
> With the UDRP, there now seem to be implied terms in these contracts that
> should be written up front, for everyone to see. If (a) I have to accept the
> UDRP when I sign the
> contract and (b) every registrar for gTLDs includes the UDRP in their
> contract and (c) under the UDRP I am providing evidence of  bad faith
> registration or use if I try to resell for greater than purchase price, then
> maybe the contract should state that it is forbidden to transfer for more
> than purchase price.

In the UDRP your number (c) is somewhat differently worded and only
applies to intended TM infringements with an intent to sell to the TM
holder. Selling iitself is not forbidden.. This is the theory of course,
as in real life trying to make a profit is deemed to be bad faith. Only
with domain names, not with stocks, land, art, whatevever. I suggest we
direct our efforts against the unjust *interpretation* (if it is that) of
the UDRP by WIPO. Not against UDRP itself.

--
Marc Schneiders ------- Venster - http://www.venster.nl
 marc@venster.nl - marc@bijt.net - marc@schneiders.org