Re: [ga] Candidate positions on UDRP

bad decisions?
The other thing that trademark registrars look at is the international class
of goods and services. As far as I know, Tata is an industrial company,
making trucks, cars and similar stuff. Anyone would still be able to
register 'tata' as a trademark for other classes of goods and services not
registered by Tata, and in countries where Tata has not registered, so why
not a domain name including that string? Or are trademark lawyers trying to
argue that trademark owners should have more rights over domain names than
they have over trademarks?

Maybe we should all now queue up at the Tunisian TM registry (I'm told
they're very fast) before registering domains? Perhaps some small island tax
haven should consider introducing a fast-track TM service for impatient
internet entrepreneurs. Then we could all file an electronic copy of our
Bermuda TM with our domain registration and solve all our problems. Although
there seems to be nothing in the UDRP to prevent one trademark owner from
filing against another.......

Louise Ferguson