Re: Re[3]: [ga] Elections

At 10:13 25/08/00 +0200, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>Joop,
>
>I waited for a week, and there seem to be no reaction to this post,
>which I interpret as lack of interest.

Roberto,

Well, we suddenly had a side-track about list evictions and list rules again.
But yes, perhaps there is a lack of interest to bring the matter to a vote
in the virtual GA , after it has already been voted on in the physical GA.

I must interpret this lack of interest as agreement/ endorsement with how
the physical GA in Yokohama voted.
Good enough this time.
The burden of demanding discussion and another vote belongs to those who
feel that this virtual GA would now vote substantially different on the issue.

But this GA should watch the actions of the NC and its Task Force sharply.
There is still the question as to when our public WG will be started.
(another resolution of the GA in Yokohama)

I am sorry that my arguments cannot convince you that a voting exercise in
the on-line GA is not a waste of time, but I understand that you are busy
with the discussions on the European A-L candidates list.

>You wrote:
>>
>>If you check the archives, you will find that the motion was already
>>seconded on the list, while we were in Yokohama.
>>(by Wawa Ngenge)
>
>Indeed.
>Then it had been voted, in Yokohama, and received by NC, who took
>action.
>

>>If any further debate is needed, then obviously the text of the motion
>>should be debated.
>>Do you still have it handy?
>
>Joop, if you want to pursue the matter further, you are welcome.
>Re-present the motion (or present a different text), find a secont, and
>get the discussion started.
>If I get at least 10 contributions within the next week/10 days that
>show any interest to this, I will call for a vote.
>But don't ask me to take initiative in an action that I believe to be
>useless.
>Fair enough?
>
>Roberto

--Joop--