Re: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

At 11:21 PM 8/21/00 -0700, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>My personal take:
>           Jonathan Cohen - incumbent. Also co-chaired WGs A and B.
>                 I guess we all have an opinion on his track record.
>           Peter de Blanc - no personal knowledge
>           Jill Keogh - the only one to ask for support on this list
>           James P. Love - union/consumer advocate, active email sender
>           Ronald N. Weikers - no personal knowledge
>Other views?

In trying to judge among the candidates, perhaps it will help to put
questions specific to them.

I've noted that far too many participants have broad, negative agendas,
focusing on various, vague, general fears, rather than on specific
constructive goals or even constructive approaches to making
improvements.  There also seems to be an unfortunate lack of understanding
of DNS technical details or even of ICANN's limited scope.

d/