Re: [ga] Verification of Endorsement

Kristy and all,

  But you also have to admit that this look a bit fishy to say the least.
Not to mention that ICANN has still not gotten all of the PIN's
out yet by their own admission and about 70% of the At-Large
Applicants cannot even participate.  This whole election should be
postponed until a independent audit can be done IMHO....

  It also looks like ICANN did not test their software out very well
indicating that their ability to manage anything technical is problematic
at best...

Kristy wrote:

> Darrell,
>
> My partner had the same experience and when he tried to log back in and
> endorse
> his candidate a second time, he could not log in.  I saw the endorsements for
> this candidate go from 28 - 29 when my partner added his; then within in
> minutes the number of endorsees for this candidate was reduced to 25.
>
> ICANN is going to have to get someone to work out their systems for them.  We
> have offered to do this probono and received no response from ICANN, so my
> concern would be technical.
>
> :)
>
> ~k
>
> At 11:54 AM 8/21/2000 , Darrell Greenwood wrote:
> >I just visited ICANN's web site to endorse someone for member nomination.
> >
> >After I had successfully endorsed the candidate of my choice I found I had
> >
> >1. A saved copy of a web page indicating
> >
> >"ENDORSEMENT RECORDED
> >
> >Your endorsement has been recorded for the following candidate:
> >
> >xxxxx xxxxxxxx"
> >
> >2. The endorsement count did *not* increment. It did not increment
> >over a 5 minute period with several reloads of the page. It has not
> >incremented now, 15 minutes later, with a browser restart.
> >
> >I have x'ed out who I endorsed, not because I care who knows, but
> >because I want to keep this discussion focused on the issue.
> >
> >The issue is:
> >
> >How do I know that my endorsement was not simply discarded by the server?
> >
> >Many thanks,
> >
> >Darrell
> >
> >--
> >Darrell Greenwood
> <mailto:Darrell_Greenwood@mindlink.net>mailto:Darrell_Greenwood@mindlink.net
> >Vancouver, BC
> <http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/>http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/
> >

> >--
> >This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
> >Archives at
> <http://www.dnso.org/archives.html>http://www.dnso.org/archives.html

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#