Re: [ga] Elections (Seconded)

Exactly, what is this second to vote a motion on?

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I think if there is an issue
to send from the virtual "Whole" GA at large, it would be one of displeasure,
and correction of these "elections."  With what seems to be a somewhat large
contingency of the GA voting community without, for whatever reason, pins
This election does not, will not, and can not represent those for whom this
elected representative is suppose to be representing.  As such, in my opinion,
the official vote should be postponed until all registered voting members that
were active at the beginning of the voting process have the pins they need to
vote, OR that the rules for voting (as in the necessity for the pin) to be
altered in such a way as to keep integrity within the vote.

My believe is that a strong message from the whole hopefully will be at least
not ignored, and who knows, possibly heard.  Of course it is also my believe,
that outside sources can be heard and put pressure where we sometimes seem to
not have a voice at times.

George Kougias
gkougias@bigplanet.com

Jeff Williams wrote:

>   I believe that back in January of this year it was determined
> by consensus, although not a measured one, that the DNSO
> assembly members should and would have a right to have a vote
> on specific issues.  As such I second Joops motion here...
>
> Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
> > Joop,
> >
> > >I agree that action is already on the way in some form. But,
> > >A vote from the virtual GA is a useful exercise. We haven't voted all
> > that often and it sets the right precedent that allows the WHOLE GA to
> vote
> > on issues that otherwise could be rammed through a physical GA.
> > >It also prevents people from making the point that the whole GA didn't
> > get the chance to vote on the issue.
> >
> > For a vote, I need a motion and a second.
> > But more important, I need to have a debate on the issue going on, to
> > make sure that people are interested.

..... <SNIP -  through end of messsage>