Re: Re[3]: [ga] FW: UPDATE: ICANN-Yokohama Remote Participation Details

At 05:18 PM 7/9/00 -0700, Christopher Ambler wrote:

> > from http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/00990.html
> >
> >         While there is much discussion of a process for establishing
> >         new registries and new top level domains taking place, no
> >         conclusions have been reached as yet.
> >
> >         Request sent to the IANA for a new top level domain will be
> >         filed with the many other requests.  There is some considerable
> >         possibility that this particular request will not be granted
> >         (in simple words -- don't plan on it).
>
>Spot on. There is some considerably possibility that this particular request
>will not be granted. As such, Jon acknowledged that there were, in
>fact, requests (and that they were solicited).
>
>To date, none of them have been approved nor rejected. They are, in
>a word, STILL PENDING.
>
>Thank you for pointing this out, you've actually been helpful.

QED.

And my original point is that there is a legally binding contractual
obligation, via the "USC/ICANN Transition Agreement" and "Contract Between
ICANN and the United States Government for Performance of the IANA
Function", for ICANN to receive and evaluate these requests.

What part of that didn't you understand, Rick?

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs

--
It's a feature not a bug...