Re: [ga] Text of Radio Ad which will start running nationwide on 7/7/2000

"William X. Walsh" wrote:

> Hello Ken,
>
> Wednesday, June 28, 2000, 12:30:52 PM, you wrote:
>
> > this kind of an advertisement is not at all appropriate for the ga list !!!
>
> > this is a forum for open discussion... not open advertising
>
> This is rare.  I agree with Ken Stubbs.  This type of post doesn't
> belong here.

Nonsense. It raises some interesting issues for discussion. It is the first
interesting post I've seen in my 10 days or so on the list.

Methinks we can assume the sender has enough of a clue to know that
it is not effective as advertsing when posted here. If so, he wasn't
advertising to us, merely keeping us informed of developments in his
world.

> But it was rather funny to see how ADNS is going to waste so much of
> their money.

Yes. I'm inclined to think anyone who knows enough to understand what
they're trying to do and why it might be important will be able to
see through the hype. Those who don't know enough won't care, so the
ad looks to me like a dead loss for all audiences. Of course, I could
be wrong.