[ga] Re: [Admin] Restoration of posting rights for Jeff Williams

At 03:45 31.05.2000 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:

>Jeff Williams is suspended from this list.  Now you circumvent the
>rules and forward his posts here, thus making the rules ineffective.
>
>I don't know what the interpretation of the rules says about this
>behavior.  I know we have a precedent that forwarding an offensive
>post from someone who has been suspended is a violation of the rules,
>and the person in question was suspended (JW as a matter of fact) for
>the act.
>
>Should the rules also cover those who seek to make the rules
>ineffective by forwarding posts of those who are suspended to the list
>thus circumventing the effect of the rules?

Everyone's responsible for their own postings.
If Michael's post had contained words written by Jeff that were against the
list rules, Michael would have been suspended.

For the record, William Walsh and I were the two persons who reacted to
Jeff Williams' slanderous posting. I took action before I saw William's
complaint, since the offense was completely obvious to me.

                 Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no