Re: [ga] [Admin] Suspension of posting rights for Jeff Williams

Harald,

I haven't read Mr William's original post, so don't know what he said other
than the below. A couple of procedural points:

(i) It was my understanding that suspension from the list is subsequent to a
complaint. Then it is up to the list monitor to take action if deemed
necessary. Did someone complain?
(ii) Slander may or may not be a crimial offence in various different
jurisdictions. Similarly the mischievious allegation of slander may or may
not be actionable in the same manner. Is there proof of slander? If not, you
are playing into the hands of your detractors. List etiquette and law should
be separate.
(iii) The penalty for misbehaviour on the list was deeemed to be two weeks
suspension in previous list corespondence. How is eight weeks justified? You
would seem to be exceeding the brief.
(iv) It would appear that, were Mr Williams to hire a competent advocate,
you would be putting other list members at considerable risk.