[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ga] About GA membership again......
sorry to have to interrupt the reminescences again, but I do think we need
to get some GA business items out of the way.
I suggest that in the absence of a better opinion, we declare the following
as the definition of GA membership:
- The DNSO General Assembly is composed of those persons who want to be
members of that assembly.
- In order to be a member, one must send an email to the Keeper of the
Membership List (a secretariat function) asking to become a member,
- Country of residence
- Optionally, company affiliation and/or city of residence
- Email to be used for balloting
All the information except the email will be made public.
- A Member can be removed from the Membership list by:
- A request from the Member to be removed
- A procedure (to be defined) for dealing with fraudulent registrations
- A Member has the right to vote in a GA vote.
A Member has the duty to receive GA vote ballots, and to keep his
registration info updated.
This point set is incomplete (particularly the definition of fraudulent
registration), but I thought it time to get comments on a proposal.
I know this sounds like "lex Alvestrand" again, but we've got to come to
some kind of conclusion on this matter....and I think this roughly reflects
the opinion of most of the participants.
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
This message was passed to you via the email@example.com list.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html