Re: [ga] Older registrations

The problem is that the WIPO people are trying to get registrars to be
enforcement arms for their members. This is the crux of the problem.

In the publishing world, as long as a publication does not have a history of
being a trandemark/copyright referee, they let trademark holders
duke it out with advertisers. If someone places an ad which is a copyright
violation or mis-uses someone else's service or trademark, the courts
don't hold the publication responsible for this, but the person/company
placing the ads. Now WIPO has hijacked the DNS in order to "draft" it
into being their strong arm.

The topic of trademarks has NO business being mixed in the the DNS debates -
trademark disputes are between holders and those they accuse of
violating their trademarks.

This is not to be confused with the rights of someone to own a domain,
including top-level domains. ADNS owns the top level domains USA, EARTH
and Z because were first to use them and first to apply for them (Postel's
list is evidence of this which is admissible in court).

What happened with the simple concept of adding new gTLDs was that it was
hijacked by WIPO and those interested in obtaining power and
prestige by having control over the whole system.

Thats why ADNS got out of the debate and decided to take action on its own
like others. We will defend our intellectual property if someone tries to
steal it, however.

John
AGN Domain Name Service, Inc.
http://www.adns.net
http://The.Earth
Get Your Mind and Your Website out of the .COM Rut.
Define Yourself or Be Defined!
Remember: ICANN really means "You Can't"