RE: [ga-full] RE: [ga] Proposal: WWW / slashdot

Jean-Michel,

You wrote:

> <snip>
>
>..... How to make the NC taken into account a recommendation,
>a request from a body where people can hide behind an anonymous
identity....

Wait, wait, wait.
We are talking apples and oranges, IMHO.

One thing is the mailing list, one thing is the GA-Membership.

Anonimity on the GA-list is one thing that, even if I personally find
not serious, is nevertheless acceptable in principle.

Anonimity in membership is definitively not acceptable.
To be a "member" of an organization means to have a relationship (a
"contract", I was about to say) that implies advantages and duties, and
this is incompatible with the impossibility to at least identify the
"member".

Now, if we talk about "recommendation to NC", this will be obviously
originated by the GA-Membership (possibly via a vote), not by the GA-
list-participants.

Of course, the possibility of a "secret ballot" still exists, but this
should mean that the vote cast is not publicly known, not that the
identity of the voter is in doubt.

Regards
Roberto