Re: [ga] Matters to discuss ... Am I a member? Another consideration.

Another concern relates to unequal access to the data.  It would be unfair if
some "contestants" have better information regarding the make-up of the
electorate than others, especially if that information can be used to contact
those voters "off-list."  And, there will be a perception of discriminatory
access through the list administrator whether it actually exists or not.

And,  having a membership which is different from the mailing list denies
advocates/candidates a convenient vehicle for communicating with the
membership.  Access to the voters list, overcomes that hurdle.  Some other
vehicle for distributing information before elections may also satisfy that
need.