Re: [ga] Use of "loon"

On Thu, 17 Feb 100, John Charles Broomfield wrote:

> Personally, I feel that wrt Joe Baptista, "loon" is descriptive, and not an
> insult. Joe may feel insluted by the description, but then again someone
> might feel insulted by being called fat despite weighing half a ton. It
> doesn't stop it frokm being descriptive.

Let me make a correction here - first I'm not insulted.  Being called
a loon by Mr. Walsh is in my books somewhat irrelavant.

The only issue here is the application of the rules.  And the bias we have
seen thus far.  These rules are illegally placed here because of electoral
fraud by the chairs - but they are non-the-less the rules of this
assembly, and I have agreed by participating here to observe said rules.

Pity the chair and alternate can;t rise to the occassion.  But then again
- it's thier perogative in any dictatorship to ignore their own
rules.  Following the rules is something democratic and free assemblies do
- this is not a democratic nor free assembly.

> I don't think that any messages describing Joe Baptista can be constructive
> or serve any purpose, apart from that of warning the unwary.

I agree there does seem to be alot of Joe Baptista in the wind these
days.  You can blame Walsh for that - he's my biggest supported.

> I would recommend messages to stay on track and avoid Baptista. I don't
> think that describing him merits a ban. Dunno how to establish workable and
> usable rules to that effect.

And invitation only GA would work.

Regards
Joe baptista