[ga] Message from the Chair - List Rules

Dear subscribers to the GA-list,

The purpose of this note is to provide more details and finalize the
application of the rules for the monitoring of this mailing list (see
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg00447.html), adopted last
week (see http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg00743.html).

First of all, a confirmation that the present situation will last only
for a limited period of time, namely three months.
My objective is to hold a vote, whose result will be binding, at the
latest at the end of April 2000. This vote will address issues like:
- filtered/unfiltered list
- rules and sanctions
- archiving and online availability of the archives

In the meantime, we will operate according to the adopted rules.

The List Monitor (aka "seargent-at-arms")
I believe that, in this initial phase, the responsibility of monitoring
the list should be taken directly by the Alternate Chair.
Complaints to the decisions of the List Monitor should be addressed
directly to the Chair. A dedicated address shall be dedicated to this
purpose.

Filtered vs. unfiltered lists
All messages to the GA-list will be addressed to ga@dnso.org, as usual.
Should a person whose posting rights have been temporarily suspended
submit a message to the list, this message will be accepted and logged,
but not forwarded to the subscribers of the list. It will nevertheless
be possible to subscribe to a mailing list (ga-full@dnso.org) that will
contain full record of the traffic, regardless the status of the
originator.
Both lists will be archived, and the archives will be publicly available
 on the DNSO Web site, under http://www.dnso.org/archives.html.
This will provide the possibility for anybody, even not subscribing to
any GA list, to access the offending postings against which sanctions
have been taken, therefore ensuring the transparency of the decisions of
 the List Monitor.

Regards
Roberto