[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ga] Re: Urgent and Confidential Joe Baptista and Karl Auerbach
- To: "!Dr. Joe Baptista" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [ga] Re: Urgent and Confidential Joe Baptista and Karl Auerbach
- From: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:47:31 -0800
- CC: Karl Auerbach <karl@CaveBear.com>, Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr>, Ed Gerck <egerck@NMA.COM>, DNSO Listadmin <DNSO.Listadmin@dnso.org>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Harald@alvestrand.no" <Harald@Alvestrand.no>, General Assembly of the DNSO <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Becky Burr <email@example.com>, Roeland Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Shaw, Robert" <Robert.Shaw@itu.int>
- Organization: INEGroup Spokesman
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe and all,
I am not surprised, as you know. It is this kind of thing that is usually
tracked down to amateurish management. Unfortunate and terribly
embarrassing for the Internet community.
!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:
> yes - something serious seems to be happening - the itu is also
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Jeff Williams wrote:
> > Joe, Karl and all,
> > Yes I did a trace route from several sources and was on the phone with
> > Roeland Mayer and later David Jenson with the same results. However
> > James Touton and Bob Davis can reach the site and post E-Mail
> > to the email@example.com mailing list. That seems odd to me, not a connection
> > problem but rather a server or DNS problem with DNSO.ORG servers.
> > Has Elisabeth or anyone been independently contacted?
> > Karl Auerbach wrote:
> > > Yes, the GA list appears to be down: Nothing has arrived here from it
> > > since 11:26am PST on January 28 (yesterday). I get host unreachables
> > > (from a couple of different starting points) when tracerouting to
> > > dnso.dnso.org.
> > >
> > > So be calm, it looks like somebody somewhere may be having a bad routing
> > > day. Nanog folks were reporting some serious problems yesterday, perhaps
> > > this is a reflection of it.
> > >
> > > --karl--
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
> > Contact Number: 972-447-1894
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208