IDNO Membership and the Walsh-Joop mishaps to:Re: [ga] So far, 28 poll answers logged

Joe and all DNSO'ers,

  There is no substitute for a good membership drive for this sort of
an organization.  I can speak from experience, as we INEGRoup members
know very well.  The EU has been one of our stronger areas for gaining
membership and continues to be.

  As for the Walsh-Joop (And others) show, only serves to undermine the
IDNO and representation in general of Individual representation in the
fast becoming tragedy known as ICANN/DNSO.  It has been my
part time observation the William Walsh and Bradley Thornton are their
own worst enemies, not to mention bad representation of individual Domain
Name owners in this increasingly divisive process (Tragedy?)

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > Those interested in the full truth of what happened in the first Steering
> > Committee of the IDNO, the trigger event, provided by Joe Baptista, the
>
> Yes, it's true - I paved the evolutionary process that brought down the
> IDNO.  I believe my only concern was privacy and a campaign to increase
> membership.  The IDNO has done very little in the area of harvesting a
> good membership drive.
>
> > attempted capture of the SC by William Walsh and "Bradley  Thornton" before
> > an agreed structure was in place and their vendetta of slander when the
> > majority refused to roll over, can find it all in the idno archives.
> > http://list.idno.org/archives
>
> You played a part in it too Joop.  By that time I was long gone.  It was
> just the Walsh-Joop show that carried on.  The IDNO in it's final days was
> much like the roman senate.  You and walsh had spend alot of time kissing
> each other - and one day Walsh stabbed you in the back.  Something he
> seems to do well.
>
> The problem with the IDNO was that it has never been a valid association
> of people.  Granted you all tried your best - but to much time was spend
> on irrelecant issues, and too little times spent on the business of
> raising a good effective membership.  But you didn't do that and that's
> where it's unfortunate.
>
> > Just as ICANN can learn lessons for its General Membership structure from
> > what is happening here, history of what happened in the IDNO  is already
> > repeating itself.
>
> Yes.  The same circumstances exist, however the nature of the downfall is
> different.  And ICANN will learn no lesson from this.  The fix is in - and
> the fix must work.  If it fails - everyone losses the cookie.
>
> And I gurantee ICANN is failing.  And it's a beutiful piece of art to
> behold.
>
> regards
> joe

James Touton