Re: [ga] Final draft of proposed mailing list rules

At 11:59 18/01/00 -0500, !Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:
>There's also a little problem here that is technical.  The voting booth
>can be tricked to vote multiple times.  All you have to do is switch your
>proxy settings to identify yourself as a different machine and then enter
>whomevers email address to set the vote.  This makes the results bogus as
>usual and I certainly will be taking advantage of this nonsense to vote
>often and under different identities.

The Booth can be operated with a voters' roll with individual passwords.
For this occasion Roberto and Harald opted for an informal opinion poll
without security against dishonest use.
My own preference would have been to assign passwords to all applicants who
request to be on a voters' roll.

--joop teernstra, IDNO bootstrap

--Make good use of any voting rights and opportunities--
http://www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/