Re: [ga] just what work is the GA supposed to be doing?

Javier and all,

Javier Rodriguez wrote:

> Roberto wrote:
>
> >- Are we going to have a physical meeting in Cairo, or not?
>
> No.  There will be few people.

  I can now see possibly why Cairo was chosen.  Thank you Javier for
the hint here.  But, why not have a electronic town hall type of meeting
where any and all can participate.  Or is open participation feared for
some odd reason?

> >- How are we going to proceed for the Individual Domain Name holders
> >constituency? There has been some work under the Chairmanship of Nii,
> >and we should follow up on that, IMHO.
>
> Yes.  It is a must.  We must take care that nobody do a takeover of so important body.

  Takeover?  Well you are of course more versed in "Takeover" attempts
than I am aren't you Javier? For those that may have forgotten Javier was
exposed by one Bob Davis in the DNSO archives, of Javiers slip of
the keyboard, so to speak on that obvious takeover of the DNSO.
So Javier, we are all aware of the takeover nonsense, ok?

> >- Thoughts on Membership. BTW, who is planning to participate in ICANN\s
> >  Membership Implemenrtation Task Force (http://www.icann.org/at-large/
> >call-1dec99.htm)?
>
> I have presented myself as volunterr to the ICANN Membership Implementation
> Task Force.  I wonder, many days, if we can not do a GOOD and HEALTHY
> membership here, in the small DNSO GA... what would be to do the GLOBAL
> membership... a real mess ? a huge task ? a terrific opportunity to do something
> well done ?  God help the ones that will be in charge !

  If any and all whom wish to participate are denied that participation than
you have a situation of questionable legitimacy yet again.  That would be
akin to the WTO error illustrated in Seattle in early December of '99.

> >- Definition of the relationship between the GA and the Constituencies.
>
> The GA is the General Assambly... like ANY GA in ANY organization the GA
> must have the absolute and final power.  This will happen when we, lets call
> ourselves, THE SEED, establish a way in that no takeover can be done
> with the GA and that democratic, practical rules, and a full forum for the debate
> of the DNSO themes can be established and well managed.  This is too
> a TERRIFIC oportunity to build a new world.

  The "SEED" as you call it must be legitimately and duly elected.  This has
not occurred to date as you well know Javier, as does Roberto and most
of the participants of this DNSO GA mailing list.  Until or unless that occurs
in an open forum and manner, any claims to such are indeed invalid, as
also has been pointed out by many here.

> Many times, I am saying that ICANN is a new world order, is the born of the
> new era, is the begining of the new world wide goverment... the ones that want
> to hear can hear ;-)

  Well this is pure nonsense at this time, of course as you well know and have
also stated on several occasions yourself.  Please at least try to be honest
and consistent, Javier.

> Regards and lets go ahead !
>
> Javier

Jeffrey A. Williams