Re: Re: [ga] Proposal for mailing list policy

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:

> [excuse the telegraphic style - I am away from home on a slow link and
> editing is hard.]
>
> On the subject of an archive:
>
> Take me as an example.  I would probably read the filtered list routinely.
> But if someone tells me that there is censorship going on, I would look at
> the archive of the unfiltered list.

FWIW, I am in complete agreement with Michael on this issue.

Creating two lists, a filtered and unfiltered list answers everyones
concerns. The disruptive and seemingly mentally unstable will have a forum
to particpate in, those that believe any sort of constraints on nasty
and disruptive behaviour constitutes censorship will be happy, and
the rest of us can simply subscribe to the filtered version of the list.