Re: [ga] More UDRP Proceedings

John and all,

John Charles Broomfield wrote:

> > Ok, let's explore this notion of unchallenged use.  If I get a driver's
> > license, am I required to drive?  If I buy a book, can it sit on my
> > bookshelf for years unread?  If I register for a fictitious business name
> > in my state, must I actually employ the use of the name?  Must an attorney
> > who passes the bar actually go out and get clients within a prescribed
> > period?
> (...)
>
> It also works the other way. In Spain for example, a registered company
> can't legally sit on the shelf, it must show activity. For most countries a
> commercial pilots license requires a certain amount of hours of flight per
> time-period.

  Indeed this is true as I speak from experience.  But a Poilots license is
not remotely related to a Domain Name registration or ownership.  Domain
Names are in the US anyway, legally determined as property.  A Pilots
license is not.

> I think that if a certain domain is challenged, then the fact that it is not
> being used is just that, a fact. It may or may not give a better idea about
> the global picture of what is going on there. Case by case.

  Agreed.  It should not be considered if a Domain Name is being used
for any purpose to be a factor in the rightful ownership either.  So I think
your point is moot here.

> Yours, John Broomfield.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com