Re: [ga] Proposal for mailing list policy

Joop and all,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> Harald,
>
> There is a danger in having rules (especially filtering rules) that are be
> implemented only at the discretion of the Chair or the Sergeants at Arms.

  Agreed.  Any list rules should be approved by the GA members before
implementation.

> Therefore a suggestion for a minor improvement:
>
> Challenged identities, insults and slander.
>
> In order to make sure that the SaA will actually act to protect the list
> from these, there should be a provision such as:
>
> "complaints about list-behaviour or challenges about a poster's identity
> are directed to the Chair , who must instruct the SaA to take appropriate
> action".

  Agreed if and when we have a legitimately elected Chair.  The GA doesn't
currently.

> (What that action is, can then be seen from following the ga-unfiltered
> list. It is clear that there should also be ways to sanction a Chair who
> would allow filtering rules to be applied in a biased manner)

  Two lists is not likely to be a good idea as it can be subverted in a manner

that would lead or could lead to personal vendettas as an excuse for
CENSORSHIP.  That would not boad well for the DNSO.

> --Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
> the Cyberspace Association,
> the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
> http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
> http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com