Re: [ga] PAB rules v. RROR

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 11:26:06AM -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:
[...]
> I'd just like to point out that I've read them over,

You can't have read them too closely, since (for example) the voting
mechanism is very prominently discussed, with its own section, and you
say that it doesn't exist

> and disagree strongly.
> The PAB rules are vague, are based around "rough consensus", and do
> not outline explicit remedies for potential problems.  They do not detail
> a voting mechanism, nor do they detail a dispute resolution mechanism.
>
> In short, I believe the PAB rules are in opposition to, rather than
> overlapping with, the rules I described in my documents.

The PAB rules have the entertaining property of actually having been
used, successfully, and in that regard are indeed different from yours.
:-)