[ga] The dark before the dawn?

The last few days have had a flurry of messages, some of them coherent.

There seems rough consensus on the list that:

- Rules for list behaviour, and sanctions against those who violate those
   rules, are needed (a few vehement opponents)
- If there are rules, they have to be known to all and applied to all
   (agreed to by even some of the opponents of the first point)

In this discussion, it seems inappropriate to limit anyone's ability to
state his opinion; therefore little or no action has been taken this week
to make the list quieter.

Based on the discussions, Roberto and I are working on a proposal, which we
hope to have ready soon.
Until then - please bear with us.

                        Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no