Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:07:47 -0800
From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
To: ga@dnso.org
Cc: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>,
     Karl Auerbach <karl@CaveBear.com>,
     Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law <froomkin@law.miami.edu>,
     Andrew Pincus <APincus@doc.gov>, Becky Burr <bburr@ntia.doc.gov>,
     DNSO Listadmin <DNSO.Listadmin@dnso.org>,
     Elloit Maxwell <emaxwell@doc.gov>, Eric Menge <Eric.Menge@sba.gov>,
     Esther Dyson <edyson@edventure.com>, George Conrades <gconrades@icann.org>,
     james tierney <james.tierney@usdoj.gov>,
     Jane Coffin <jcoffin@ntia.doc.gov>,
     "Joe (Virus Laden Web Page Expert) Sims" <Joe_Sims@jonesday.com>,
     Larry Irving <lirving@ntia.doc.gov>,
     Linda Wilson <lswilson@free.midcoast.com>,
     Louis L. Touton <Louis_L._Touton@jonesday.com>,
     Louis Touton <touton@icann.org>, Mike Roberts <mmr@darwin.ptvy.ca.us>,
     vinton g. cerf - ISOC <vcerf@MCI.NET>, William Daley <wdaley@doc.gov>
Subject: Re: [ga] Blockage/delay of postings

Harald and all,

  Than please explain to all of us Harald why these rules have not
been enforced EQUALLY to ALL DNSO GA list members.

  For instance, you are cross posting on this very post...
So Harald, what should you punishment be for cross posting?
Hummmm?  Should you be banned from posting for a given
period of time, Harald?  Should you be flogged?  Should you
be fined?

  You see how silly this sort of "Rule" is now?  Rules against
Cross posting are just silly.  Rules against "Abuse" without those
abused well defined and agreed upon by ALL of the DNSO GA list
members, are just silly and unrepresentative.  As such they are
disruptive in and of themselves as well as disenfranchising in nature
and intent.

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> At 16:51 05.01.00 -0800, Karl Auerbach wrote:
>
> >I will wash my hands of the GA mailing list if it undergoes any filtering
> >whatsoever.
>
> Is this an unsubscribe notice?
> The list has been filtered according to various criteria, including the "no
> crossposting" rule and the "subscribers only" rule, as well as more
> specific rules, for a LONG time.
>
>                     Harald
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894