Re: [ga] nTLD going gTLD

Mikael,

Perhaps before anyone can convince them to `do anything` you might explain why
they should?  What harm is being caused, in your opinion, by these
registrations? Do you see this problem as a failure to enforce an existing rule
(if so which RFC or other source for the rule?) or some new rule that should
suddenly be propagated and enforced?

Also what do you propose to do about those domains that are already registered?
 Would they have acquired rights or are you suggesting their domains suddenly
(or gradually) stop working?  I dont think the internet is about doing things
like that somehow.  Not to mention that the agreements to register these
domains are probably governed by the contract law of several dozen different
national jurisdictions.

Dan Steinberg
Synthesis: Law & Technology
+1 613.794.5356

> Will ICANN "do anything" about the national top level domains which today
> let anyone (even non-nationals) register domain names?

This message was sent using Travel-Net Web Mail.
http://www.travel-net.com/