Re: Re: Free speech and GA (Re: [ga] Time to put...)

This is Joe Baptista posing as Roberto Gaetano to set the record straight
on the Robert Shaw and PCCF incident.

But first I must address Mr Gaetano and call him a liar.  Roberto you are
a shameless liar twisting the truth to suite the perveted goals of ibm's
icann takeover.  Shame.

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> >I understand Mr. Shaw has since be delegated to the backroom at the ITU
>
> >and soon will suffer the pangs of irrelevance.
> >

> Not that it matters, but just for the record (and for the benefit of the
>  newcomer), Bob Shaw was the object of a spam message, sent by pccf, to
> a randomly-picked list of civil servants of different nationalities and
> working for different organizations.

Incorrect.  First one can not spam the civil service.  One can complain.
Second, the civil servants were not randomly picked, they were civil
servants reprsenting departments of government which attend the Government
Advisory Committee of ICANN.

> The message was attacking him
> personally, and depicting him as somebody who is not appropriate for
> working as a civil servant - I am quoting from memory, so I am unable to
>  repeat the exact wording, but I am sure that it will pop up again,
> sooner or later ;>).

Your full of shit - and you know it Roberto.

For the record Mr. Shaw, who has gained a reputation for being an
outspoken civil servant, mainly in the business of serving the IBM
surrogates at iCANN by spreadling lies about people while he hides behind
the status of an international civil servant.  He has done this too often
in the past.

Mr. Shaw unfortunately made the fatal mistake of doing the same to PCCF
and myself by calling us Network Solution Spies.  Essentially we were
associated with the american spy agency NSF by Mr. Shaw.

PCCF responded by mounting an international protest across numerous
government agencies which resulted in Mr. Shaw being servered the boot by
the ITU.  Many of you will note Mr. Shaw declined participation in the GAC
for the LA meeting, in fact the ITU is seeking a replacement.

And I am pleased that since PCCF spanked Mr. Shaw's ass - he has not made
any bad remarks about anyone else.

Mr. Shaw is a clear embarrasment to the ITU and his position on the GAC an
utter disgrace.  It's no different then making the Whitehouse lan
administrator an ambassador to an international law body.

During PCCF's participation in DN issues, Mr. Shaw was the first
sacrefice, and a sacrifice we made with pleasure.

At PCCF we believe in integretity - and Mr. Shaw did not meet the grade.

> In fact, while few people took it seriously - but just at first reading,
>  most treated it as all other spams, i.e. it went into the bin.
> Bob Shaw's reputation + professional activity at ITU remained obviously
> unchanged, if not increased, but the facts do not stop underground
> legends to flourish.

Mr. Shaw has been disgraced, and if he feels otherwise - let him speak.
You Roberto are a very close friend of his.  Certainly you and shaw
participated in a disgraceful bout of drunkeness before Canadian Industry
and Trade representative, so feel free to invite him to respond.

Regards
Joe Baptista