Re: [ga] Time to put Baptista online Joe Baptista's CENSORSHIPProtest post response...

This is Joe Baptista posing as Weisberg in my continued fight against
censorship of the GA.

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Weisberg wrote:

> > I agree that we should have a moderated list.
> > The problem is the definition of a fair set of rules.
>
> What activities do we need to protect against and what rules are capable of
> addressing those specific problems?

The only activities the GA has to date protected by the implimentation of
censorship is ideas - and not much more.

The right to free speech is one which Chomsky correctly identified.  We
support the right to free speech not because we agree with what is being
said but because it is the right thing to do.

As long as IBM continues to pull the strings there shall be no freedom of
speech here.

Regards
Joe Baptista