Re: [ga] Unfair?

At 19:42 16.12.99 -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:

>On 16 December 1999, "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@att.com> wrote:
>

> >Michael,
> >sigh,) I'll face days or weeks of postings about how devious and underhanded
> >I am as a representative of a large corporation, but I will try this anyway.
> >
> >Gathering up the interests of users is a challenge. And yes, individuals are
> >extremely important, but the good of society sometimes overrides... that is
> >the genesis of the U.S. constitution, isn't' it?
>

>The "society" the Constitution is written for was formed by individuals who
>were sick of exactly this type of (non)representation.
please cut the americanisms.

When your forefathers fled the persecution in Europe, my forefathers stayed
home and did something about it; both facts say nothing about the
forefathers of our Asian participants (if any are left), and all of the
above is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, dealing with the *global*
Internet.

End of rant.

                      Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no