From: Michael Sondow [mailto:msondow@iciiu.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 6:00 PM
To: Randy Canis
Cc: ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Unfair?

Randy Canis wrote:

> I hope that one day the policies implemented by a governing body (be it
WIPO, ICANN, or otherwise) fairly implement the concerns of everyone.

How can that ever be, when the Internet users who are not wealthy
businesses are never permitted to participate in policy-making?

> Michael Sondow on the other hand felt the need to categorize me, by >
telling everyone how I (Randy Canis)  define "fair", what I value, and > how
I believe medical services should be allocated.

Your posting, to which I was responding, expressed ideas and
opinions based on the belief that trademark owners (aka big
business) have a superior right to domain names than other entities.
If that is not grounded in the philosophy that money = power =
right, then perhaps you can tell us what philosophy it is grounded
in?

Michael Sondow
      "Lawyers come to think of administrative law and the
    administrative process as significant and worthy of study
    only in those areas where private interests think it worth
    their while to demand protection. As a consequence lawyers
    seeking for their clients elaborate procedural protection
    modeled on the judicial process may, in an excess of
    generalizing zeal, induce legislatures, administrative
    agencies, and courts to extend such procedures into areas
    where they are alien and inappropriate."
                   -- Jaffe & Nathanson, "Administrative Law"
      INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF INDEPENDENT INTERNET USERS
   http://www.iciiu.org        (ICIIU)        iciiu@iciiu.org
Tel(718)846-7482                                Fax(603)754-8927