RE: [ga] America's Cup

I also tend to agree with John B. Reynolds, when he writes:

> IANAL, but I doubt that the lack of a direct contractual relationship
> between NSI registry and the registrant would prevent a US court from
> determining that it has jurisdiction over a .com/.net/.org
> dispute involving
> a non-US registrar based on the registry's US location.

First of all, the double contractual relationship NSI Registry - Registrar,
and Registrar - Registrant could be sufficient.
Also, the domain name registration is physically located in the US, and
this, while not being in itself a legal justification for jurisdiction, is
nevertheless a fact to be kept in mind. If two different courts, one in the
US and one somewhere else, claim to have jurisdiction and rule in a
contradictory way, NSI will have no other choice than obey the decision of
the US court.

Regards
Roberto