Re: [ga] Register.com auto-reg's TMs in all domains, ICANN a customer

At 09:38 15.12.99 -0800, Mark C. Langston wrote:

>According to http://www.newsbytes.com/pubNews/99/140785.html
>registre.com will now automatically register a domain name in over
>260 TLDs at once for TM holders willing to pay the fee.
>
>I'm assuming this includes all ccTLDs as well.

This article has to be read carefully.
It says that it will *watch* the mark in 260 domains, and register it *when
it becomes available*.
Since many of the country domains have requirements for (for instance)
local presence or one-domain-per-organization, there aren't that many
registries where a mark is *available* per se - I believe register.com
lists about 20 on its homepage.

Anyway, this means that exact-match exclusion in open domains is possible
without a famous names registry. Interesting.

                          Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no