Re: [ga] America's Cup - ICANN Helps to serve SCROOGE For Xmas... :(

 martin and all DNSO Stakeholders,

  Forwarding this for Bob Davis.  It seems that the DNSO List Admin
has decided to SELECTIVELY CENSOR Bob for reason or reasons
unknown.

  Indeed this is a terrible repercussion stemming from the lack of
prudence that ICANN has attempted to impose upon the stakeholders
of the internet.  It is pretty much what we [INEGRoup] predicted some
months
ago would begin to occur should the Stakeholders not have a voice and a
vote
in determining policy and "Good Practice" for ALL.  Now we are going to
see much
more of this sort of thing occurring and the costs to the integrity of
the Internet
as a communications medium will indeed suffer as a result.

  Thank you sooo much ICANN for creating this mess!
  And thank you for serving SCROOGE for Christmas, ICANN/DNSO...

Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:

  Referring to the article in today's NY Times regarding the first three

  reported cybersquatting cases, see:

  http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/12/biztech/articles/09net.html

  other domain names apparently owned by the "young entrepreneurs"
include:

  Cup International Ltd (TEAMNEWZEALAND2-DOM)
TEAMNEWZEALAND.COM
  Cup International Ltd (TEAMDENNISCONNER-DOM)
TEAMDENNISCONNER.COM
  Cup International Ltd (AMERICASCUP17-DOM)
AMERICASCUP.COM
  Cup International Ltd (THEVOLVOOCEANRACE-DOM)
THEVOLVOOCEANRACE.COM

  Dennis Conner is an American Yachtsman whose Team Dennis Conner has
won the
  America's Cup.