Re: [ga] We must move the DNSO server out of France.(was: Proof of Identification)

At 12/7/99 9:11:00 AM, you wrote:
>If we are going to go down this path, we must move the DNSO server out of
>France.

If you propose to put the DNSO server, and all PGP, PKI, Certification techniques,
in the USA... please be aware that USA laws dont allow to export 128 bit encription
technologies... at least this is the last information that I have at hand.  So if in a near
future, the DNSO.ORG say to the participant all aroun the world to do a "downloa"
of "this software on our FTP server..." we must be aware that if it is on the USA
we could be going against some USA laws.

>Those whom live in France, or under French law, should probably present
>their objections to their governmental officials and policy-makers, as
>should those who live in similarly repressive regimes.

France a "repressive regime" ???? I hope it is not true ! :-)))
The mother of "liberte, igualite, fraternite" ? no way !
there must be other word to call the French regime, but "repressive"
word can damage the spirit of our dear French friends.

Javier

Javier Rodriguez                     jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET                                    VicePresident
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties: ECOMLAC      ISOC -PERU      IPCE