Re: [ga] Reuters: Net name dispute body gets first case

>gee thats funny...
>
>i thought this was a dispute resolution between 2 parties who both agreed to
>it.
>what has "support" got to do with it. are you suggesting that people line up
>and advocate on behalf of one party or the other with the dispute resolution
>provider.

Support actually has quite a bit to do with it.  Support caused a toy
company to back down when a 12 year old registered "pokey.org."
Support caused Archie comics to back down when a father registered
"veronica.org" for his newborn.  Public image is very important to
most corporations.  They are far more likely to be reasonable when
they know that the world is watching.

>maybe we ought to arbitrate it in the newspapers or in some list. . or
>better yet lets put up a votebot and take a vote...
>kinda like the old roman coliseum ... thumbs up or down !!!

Open, transparent and accountable.  Isnt' that what we're striving for here?