[ga] WatchDog: Final Statement

Dear GA members:

The endorsement time has started.
The nomination time has finished.
The WatchDog Committe was nominated to the surveillance (sp!) of
the nomination process.  Been the nomination process finished, this
is the last and final statement and report that I do as a member of
the WatchDog Committe.

Final Report:
-------------------
1) The nomination process has been made in public way
     and we have got 3 types of nominations.

    a) Nominations send to the correct address, in the correct
         time and that have not been rejected by any member of
        the GA community.
    b) Nominations that have arrived too late and, according
         to the rules, are not included (sp!) in the process.
    c) Nominations that have been rejected because there is
         - Doubt about the identity of the person.
         - Allegations that all they come from people that are
            fake personalities.
         - Finally, there is public reference to URLs and other
             internet information that give some indication on the
           sense that all this "nominations" come from people
           that, in my humble opinion, has something to say,
            but doesnt find strongness in his words and thoughts
           and "build" differente personalities and identities
           to show support to his ideas.

The final account is that there has been a process where just
a few nominations (the so called "fake" ones) have been
rejected.  No one can claim there has not been the due process
or rejection of nominations without and clear reason.

Furthermore, it has been informed to the GA community all the
nominations that has been accepted, and the ones that have
been refused and the reason of why they were rejected.

If any ot the reported "not valid" identities want to give some
indication that this is an error, you have plenty of time to
send "facts" (choose the ones you like) about your real
presence on this world and that you are not on the "ciber reality" world.

Some GA participants have ask for a better process and better tools
for authentication.  It is commons sense, that with the tools that there have been
available, with the things in the "initial state" that they are, with
the limitations of a process that is just born, it has been done and
followed a "Nomination" process that we can call fair, open,
bottom up.

ANY procces can be a more perfect one, so I ask to the next
GA chair 2 things:

a) Establish a committee to look for a way of authentication of
      the people who is a GA member or want to be accepted
      as a GA member.
b) Establish a new email list for the GA community, and check
     that no person can know who are the members of this list
     by using a whois or other methods, and if he/she is rejected
     or not allowed to post to the list it would not be possible to
     do BCC or CC copies to the members to the list.
b) Establish a procedure in wich a member of the GA list can
      be rejected or can be put in condition "unable to post".
    This procedure or these rules should be in charge of a
     pool of people, a committe, or any other way that give this
     responsability to a "group" or finally to the total GA group.

Finally, I give my strong support to the people who has been
in charge of the accounting and validation of the nomination
process.  Thank you very much for your time and lets keep working
for a better ICANN, thats our main goal and our main task.

This is my final statement and final repor as a member
of the WatchDog Committe.  From this moment I return
to be a GA member.

Yours truly,

Javier Rodriguez
AXISNET
Vicepresident
Javier Rodriguez                     jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET                                    VicePresident
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties: ECOMLAC      ISOC -PERU      IPCE