Re: [ga] Virtual reality

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Mikael Pawlo wrote:

> In my humble opinion, if the addresses are invalid for nomation and voting
> they should not be valid for subscription to the various mailing lists
> hosted by the DNSO. Freedom of speech issus might be considered, but I
> guess that kind of issues will only be relevant to real, existing people.

The danger in this is the complete lack of vetted, objective,
clearly-defined procedures to do so. Instead actions have been taken
on an ad-hoc and discriminatory basis without any possible recourse.
This may sound strange coming from someone who would like nothing better
than to see the multiple personalities of Jeff be removed from these
discussions entirely so that they all may receive the psychatric attention
they so desperately need. However, I'd rather suffer through his presence
until proper procedure is developed and implemented rather than offering
the DNSO secretariat the overreaching sole discretion she has exercized.

I fully support the intent of the actions, but not the actions themselves.