Re: Re: [ga] Result of PGP key experiment

At 12/2/99 8:47:00 AM, you wrote:
>On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>
> I guess this is proof enough that PGP keys are not a terribly useful means
> of identification in the DNSO GA context.

Dear Harald,

I have to desagree here.  PGP keys are useful all around the world, in many
organizations.
You are correct in your saying "...in the DNSO GA context..." ... this GA is not
organized, is in a building process so in "this" context the PGP keys are not
usefull... but dont forget that as soon as we, the GA, gets more organized and
well established we can choose a "CA" (Certification Authority).  This a part
of the PGP system.  Without a "CA" you dont have a complete authentication
system.

But that is not possible in this moment, so lets work for the nomination processs,
and later we will improve, maybe establishing PGP, CA and other issues/themes
than can help for a better and more open and perfect system.

Yours truly,

Javier Rodriguez
Javier Rodriguez                     jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET                                    VicePresident
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties: ECOMLAC      ISOC -PERU      IPCE