RE: [ga] URGENT: Moratorium on all additions to confusing GTLDs

On 22-Nov-99 matt hooker wrote:
> To add a .firm, .shop, .biz, etc. will only make the matter much worse.
> (I
> use GreatCars as a random example and have no connection with it (or
> should
> I say them! - my point exactly!) whatsoever, nor do I even know of its
> existence.)

Yes, while we are at it, we should shut down all the Acme's in the world,
it gets confusing with Acme Plumbing, Acme Publishing, Acme Design, Acme
Manufacturing, etc.

BTW, it should also be noted that financial investment this person stands
to lose should the domain name space be expanded and the perceived
shortage of available names no longer exists and drives the values of his
domains even higher.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934