Re: [ga] Proposals received for Nominations for the election of a Chair to the GA

> From d3nnis@mciworld.com Sat Nov 20 20:16 MET 1999
> Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 02:33:37 -0800 (PST)
> From: d3nnis <d3nnis@mciworld.com>
> Subject: Re: [ga] Proposals received for Nominations for the election of a
>  Chair to the GA
> To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>, d3nnis <d3nnis@mciworld.com>
> Cc: DNSO Listadmin <DNSO.Listadmin@dnso.org>, announce@dnso.org, ga@dnso.org,
>         "A. Gehring" <alg@open.org>, "A.M. Rutkowski" <amr@chaos.com>,
>         "Alejandro Pisanty, DGSCA y FQ, UNAM" <apisan@servidor.unam.mx>,
>         Amadeu Abril i Abril <Amadeu@nominalia.com>,
>         Andrew Pincus <APincus@doc.gov>, Becky Burr <bburr@ntia.doc.gov>,
>         Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr>,
>         Eric Menge <Eric.Menge@sba.gov>, Esther Dyson <edyson@edventure.com>,
>         "Louis L. Touton" <Louis_L._Touton@jonesday.com>,
>         tom bliley <tom.bliley@mail.house.gov>
>
> Jeff --
>
> I received an answer from DNSO Listadmin:   It seems Patrick sent his proposal to ga@dnso.org not
> ga-procedures@dnso.org.
>
> Isn't it amazing they can track that down, but no one can figure out why my messages never post to the
> archives?
>

> >Dennis Schaefer

==> [ To: and Cc: shortened, the posting to the announce is allowed
      only for the DNSO Secretariat and limited to announcements]

    Dennis Schaeffer,

    The answer is very simple, if you only verify *when* your messages are
    archived and *when not*, and you have already been told.

    In the recent ga@dnso.org archives (starting Nov 10th), you have:
       http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc02/msg00075.html
          To: quaynor@ghana.com
          Subject: [ga] Motions in Queue
          From: d3nnis <d3nnis@mciworld.com>
          Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:38:13 -0800 (PST)
    with the Message-Id:
    (to see the Message-Id, "view source" or similar with your browser).

    Your software, the one (on your PC ?) generating the Message-Id is
    bogged, Message-Id never vary. The DNSO Secretariat was informed by
    yourself as well as by the WG-B Co-Chair about the archiving problem
    of your messages, then investigated, and you were given the technical
    reason on September 19th.

    I repeat here for the general information.

    The Mhonarc indexing software assumes that once a Message-Id has
    been archived on one list any other message with the same Message-Id
    is already done, and bypass it.
    Concerning your contributions to the WG-B list, the DNSO Secretariat
    made *manual corrections* to your Message-Id's to have your
    contributions to the WG-B archived. It took several hours of work.
    You were requested to de-bug or change your software, apparently
    you did not, the Message-Id generated by your PC still do not vary.

    You are the only one person to our knowledge using this particular
    bugged software.
    The first message you post to any dnso.org list (new archives)
    is archived, the subsequent not.

    DNSO Secretariat