Re: [ga] proposal

Guys, (ooops! ladies first! )

With the greatest respect for each other point of view, I ask to
send the proposals to the address that is published in the DNSO.ORG
website.  There is no time and no agreement in any method to
choose ONE proposal and send that one to the NC.

Furthermore, my proposal (that is FAR away to be the best one)
has been send. I would not take the risk of letting the NC without
any proposal.  Some proposals are better than one or none proposal...

I dont know if Roberto and Kent proposals have been send to just to
this list to try to do some voting/votation (sp!)  about them... but lets
be realistic, THERE IS NOW HUMAN WAY of doing a voting process
because the deadline is TODAY.

Regards,

Javier

At 11/19/99 1:37:00 PM, you wrote:
>I formally propose that the essentially the same mechanism be used as
>was used in the BoD elections:
>
>    Any member of the GA may make a nomination.
>
>    Members of the GA will email their support for nominations to an
>    address to be specified by the DNSO secretariat.  Members of the
>    GA may support as many nominees as they wish.  We expect that the
>    NC will view the number of supporters as valuable input into the
>    selection process, but because of the possibility of various
>    kinds of election fraud, not definitive.
>
>    All nominees with 10 or more nominations or support messages
>    will be forwarded to the NC for consideration.
>
>    For purposes of this exercise, a "member of the GA" shall be any
>    natural person subscribed to the ga and ga-announce lists, any
>    member of any wg list, and members of any constituency.  Note
>    that it is the person that counts, not the email address -- a
>    person with multiple email addresses is only counted once. (I
>    realize there is no way at present to check this.  However, it
>    is in my opinion important to establish the principle that an
>    email address is only an agent for a person.)
>
>Kent Crispin
>
>--
>Kent Crispin                               "Do good, and you'll be
>kent@songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain

Javier Rodriguez                     jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET                                    VicePresident
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties: ECOMLAC      ISOC -PERU      IPCE