Re: [ga] nomination procedures

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 09:36:00PM -0800, Kent Crispin wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 02:47:32PM +1100, Mark Perkins wrote:
> > Kent
> >
> > Can you please list them - would be useful
>
> As it turns out there are many more than 4, with various kinds of
> overlap.  After reading them all over, I am of the opinion that John
> Klensin's final comments proposing to follow the BoD procedures are
> exactly to the point, so I would like to concretize his proposal as
> follows:
>
>   The GA will select five nominated names and forward those 5 names
>   to the NC.  The list of five names will include the following:
>
>   1) Levels of support will be shown by a list of 10 names of GA
>   members in support of the nominee.  We use the same definition of
>   "GA member" that was used for the BoD nomination:  Any member of
>   the ga, ga-announce, WG lists, and Constituency lists.
>
>   2) To assure that the NC can make an educated evaluation of
>   candidates, each nominee must provide a short background, and
>   statement of purpose and objectives the nominee has in the role as
>   Chair of the GA.  This should include: what the nominee can and
>   will do for the GA and its role in the DNSO; how they intend to
>   interact with the NC and the 7 constituencies within the DNSO and
>   the GA; and anything else the nominee considers important.

Some followup --
I want to be clear that the point of the "10" in the above proposal
is only to show that there is a minimum acceptable level of support.
Extra votes don't carry any further weight.

Following up on that:  I nominate Nii Quaynor.  I trust that
the necessary 9 more supporters will be quickly forthcoming.