RE: [ga] Motion re appointment of nominees for GA chair

Roeland Meyer wrote:

> That's an elegant idea! I will always support Karl.
>

> > I too, will support Andy Gardner's motion to make Karl
> > Auerbach the SOLE
> > nominee for the GA Chair position. Aolong with Mr. Ambler
> > that makes three
> > of us now. Who is next in support of the single nominee method?

I also support Karl - it was one of my 5 nominees for ICANN BoD - but may I
point out two "glitches":

1.
You are assuming that Karl Auerbach will be the candidate with more votes.
While this may be true, looking at the previous elections it was Nii Quaynor
who got more votes (60 vs. 52 of Karl).

2.
This motion is going nowhere, because it is the Name Council that hase to
approve the nomination mechanism.
To propose a mechanism that has no chances to pass will be:
a) a loss of time
b) reduce our possibilities to influence the matter

Regards
Roberto