[ga] iCANN board has to rule the way the ICANN Forums will work.

Dear fellows in the GA list,

We can call any list "an open" list.  Any degree of filtering in an "open" list is
always seen as a censorship.  The only rule to avoid this is "there is no censorship".
Or we are an open list or we are not an open list.

I would love to see a formal position of the ICANN Board about what is allowed
and what is not allowed, and how to put someone out of the lists and so on.  Without
explicit process NOBODY has gurantee that now or in the future there will be
someone who dont like our hummble color or our Harvard degree, somewhere in
the future we could be the "point of attack" from some people... whithout explicit
rules in how to ban or how to accept people in the lists and other forums we left the
deccision to one person, or a bunch of people... and people is prone (sp!) to do
errors...  I will wait patiently until the ICANN Board finds the time to rule this things.

My personal point of view is that in terms of lists, when a list is open to anyone who
wants to suscribe then YOU KNOW what kind of noise and what kind of list it will
be.  It happens ALL the time, in ALL the open lists that I have seen... the accusations
of Censorship are "bread of each day" in all open lists... so it is important that this
iCANN LIST will be ruled against any kind of censorship.  Thats the only way to
preserve the integrity of the process.  The best rule would be "there is no rules".
Any other rule will be used against the process and will be a damage to the openness
and transparency of the process.

Regards,

Javier
Javier Rodriguez                     jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET                                    VicePresident
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties: ECOMLAC      ISOC -PERU      IPCE