Re: [ga] List moderation

At 06:02 PM 11/11/1999 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>On 11-Nov-99 idno@tallship.net wrote:
>> Just a real quick one here for clarification...
>>
>> The most recent election saw an overwhelming 9 (spelled nine) members
>> voting to carry a proposal unanimously. No one can be sure, but the
>> membership as I last heard stood at about 125 people, including one named
>> anonymous and one with two peoples names - a guy and a girl. go figure.
>>
>> 9 people voted. that's hilarious.

And, with permission of the list, a (hopefully final) reply to clarify
further. The vote was a discussion list vote, where about 35 members
participate. It was not an election, but an open list vote,  with the
result that people who do not like to expose their position publicly will
not vote.
It was a 24 hour vote as directed by the Chair, Arnold Gehring.

The re-railing proposal was ratified by 16 members, with 4 voting against.
In the key Vote for or against direct democracy, 44 voters participated.

The vote for a new Polling Committee and for a committee charged with
completing the Charter will start tomorrow and will last 4 days.
Details can be found on the web site under www.idno.org/democinaction.htm
Mr Thornton has accepted a nomination and will stand in the election for
Charter committee.

The membership stands at 160. Voting is voluntary.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/