RE: [ga] NC members, censorship and other absurd things

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 02:18 PM 10/11/1999 -0800, idno@tallship.net wrote:
> >

> >The IDNO actaully did adopt the ORSC Rules of Civil Discourse, but was
> >prohibited from enacting them by it's dictator, Joop teernstra. That was
> >the last straw for most of the members of the IDNO's Steering Committee,
> >who resigned en masse over a one and a half day period as a result of Mr.
> >Teernstras behavior - either directly or indirectly.
> >>

> Correction. The IDNO did not "adopt" anything yet. 7 SC members voted for
> ORSR rules to be ratified by the membership. The rest of the 21 was no
> longer around.

um... you got your count wrong, and it was also before the mass exodus
took place. Check your dates.

> The initial steering committee did not have a mandate to impose rules on
> the membership.

Then, why did you want the SC to impose list rules on the membership?

> The membership as a whole will shortly vote on which civil discourse rules
> will be adopted in the Charter.

That is a lie too Joop Teernstra. Why do continue to lie? Only those
members active on the list will be allowed to vote - not the whole
membership. read the LAMs.

Also, it is not for which will be adopted in the charter, but rather,
which ones will be used until the ratification of a charter. You lie too
much.

> These may be the ORSC rules, or they may be the IDNO's own rules.
> It is up to the membership and nobody else.

Which gets back to my point about how you manipulate the verbage in the
initiatives. F'rinstance: implying in the preamble that the ORSC rules are
unwieldy due to the need for three hard to find people to act as
moderators (my own impression from reading the text) and also that the
IDNO rules are, "Somewhat more complete" or something of trashy
significance to that end.

> No members of the SC "resigned en masse". Two members who resigned
> specifically expressed having enough (see: "enough already"
> www.list.idno.org/archives/) of  Mr Walsh' vendetta)

OH MY GOD ARE YOU BLIND MAN? YES THEY DID! I WAS THERE!

Also, notice how I leave your quote there and don't snip your rants so as
to quote you out of context like you do others Joop Teernstra?