Re: [ga] NC members, censorship and other absurd things

Javier,

censorghip?? Come on, this is not what is going on.

What happens is that some people have tried a bail attck on the
dnso.org server. And have used forged e-mail addresses. This, under
many jurisditions are illegal acts, criminal acts more precisely.

The solution is not simply "Elisabeth, we supprotyou and let's ignore
the rest". First, antisocial behaviour has to be dealt with. IMHO
things like these go well beyond the line, and are the exact kind of
stuff that requires some kind of protection.

We need some basic rules. Preventing corss-posting. Limiting the
number of posts per day. Alliowiung immediate unsbuscription for those
using the lists for illegal, antisocial and perfectly irrelevant acts
as this Joe Baptista (or whatever his real neame is). Individual
mailfilters is not enogh.

The GA will be what it decides to be. It has so far decided to be
perfectly irrelevant, as it has focused on anything but DNSO-related
matters. Fair enough, but unfortunate. If now we all decide that we
are unable to tell free specch from mailserver attacks, we will make
fools of ourselves. Not my individual choice, frankly.

Please try to read the GA archives. The real fear is not that this
list gets censored. It is that it gets completly ignored.

Amadeu